Sunday, February 21, 2010

FINALLY!!!! I've Finished It.

It's official, I have finally finished my bed sized afghan. I started this afghan November 22, 2009 when I was bored one night and had some leftover white yarn from another project. I found this pattern and fell in love with it. I had to make it and it was going to be the first project that I made for myself. I had no idea what color I was going to do it in other than the white but I knew it had to be girly. My husband took me to get more yarn the next day and I picked my pinkish-rose color (could only afford 1 skein) and went home to proceed with my next row. I still didn't really know what my other colors were going to be yet. When we went to WalMart to get more yarn I told my husband that I was thinking of a teal-ish and brown color for my other color. I thought those would be perfect to go with my pinkish color and when we started looking at what WalMart had we both agreed that my choices were perfect.



Anyways, it took me 3 months to crochet but there were many days where I didn't even touch the afghan. I had it about 2/5 completed within a month but I started to get bored with crocheting for a bit so the second 2/5 of it took almost double what the first bit did. The last week I worked double time because I realized how close I was to finishing it. If I had worked at the speed I did this past week during the entire project I could have made it in 3 weeks. It fits our queen sized bed though I think it would be better on a full/double because I like a good bit of hangover but either way I like it. I had to wash it after I got done with it because it had gotten dirty from drinks being spilled on it but my husband is now covered up with it and sleeping. I haven't even had the chance to taken a picture of it finished on the bed. The picture above was taken earlier in the week and as you can tell it was zoomed in.

Well it's getting late so I'm going to go to bed. To see more information on the afghan visit my ravelry page.

No comments:

Post a Comment