Thursday, February 25, 2010

Baby-ghans Begin

As mentioned before I have 2 friends who are due with baby boys in the summer. Last night I got my yarn to start the baby-ghans I'm going to make and give to them as shower gifts. Desiree is actually my best friend's sister and I wouldn't really say she was my friend but she bought a few items for my daughter. Plus I know she'll love the ghan I'm making because I'm not going traditional baby colors. Traditional just isn't her style. Jenn is my (prepare for mouthful here) husband's boss's wife. I was origionally going to make her ghan in a more traditional light blue, light green and white but she was who took me to buy my yarn and she knew I was making something for her baby she just didn't know what but I'm sure she assumed a blanket of some kind. She really liked the colors I chose for Desiree's and told me that they would actually match the baby's room so I now I'm doing 2 very bright baby-ghans.


In the picture this square measures 13 1/2 inches and it's 12 row/rounds so far. This one is going to be Jenn's. To make them a little bit different I'm doing Desiree's black, blue, green (Jenn's is black, green, blue). These are going to be the first items I've made for someone other than my husband and daughter. I'm so excited about it. This is also the first time I've had 2 projects going at the same time. Okay, time to get back to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment